STRATFORD STUDIO TOUR 2017
Thank you to all those who applied. Applications are now closed for 2017.
Please note that applications for the 2018 Stratford Studio Tour will be Due in October of 2017! Visit the site in early fall for the application.
The Stratford Studio Tour is an opportunity for artists who are residents of the City of Stratford and surrounding area, along with some guest artists, to connect with art lovers. Accepted artists will be given the opportunity to showcase and sell their art, invite the public to access their studio spaces, view demonstrations and share their creative process.
The Stratford Studio Tour is managed by a steering committee and supported by the Stratford Tourism Association. Our goal is to feature exciting and diverse artwork that highlights the talents of established career artists as well as newly discovered rising stars. Applicant’s work will be juried on quality, consistency and professionalism.
Studios within city limits who wish to open their studio doors and potentially host other artists must submit photos of their studio space and complete a Participating Studio Form to ensure suitability of space for hosting, safety requirements, etc.
The Tour strives for a balanced representation of media and an optimal number of artists. Guest artists will be capped at 25% of the total number of participants.
We cannot guarantee that all applications will be accepted.
Benefits of Participation:
- Artists will have the opportunity to showcase and sell their work from their studios.
- Advertising with Stratford Tourism in the Shop Stratford Guide – 40,000 printed and distributed at various tourism offices in Ontario, Waterloo airport, available to 65,000 passing through the local tourism office and locations in Hamilton, Toronto and Mississauga. It’s also available online to 500,000 annual online visitors.
- Advertising each individual artist/studio in a full colour brochure “Studio Tour Brochure” that will stay on the shelf all year round at Stratford Tourism – artists with studios that are open year round or by appointment would benefit from this. The brochure will be distributed throughout Stratford including B&B’s, local businesses and Stratford Tourism etc.
- Advertising through Perth Arts Connect and local newspapers.
- The Stratford Studio Tour has a dedicated Social Media Coordinator to promote the event.
- Cable Stratford – plans are in the works to do spots featuring artists on the tour prior to the event.
- Artists participating will have their work featured on the Studio Tour website along with a brief description and image of their work and link to their website and contact information. This site will remain live year round.
- Radio promotion of the event.
- Signage and posters will also be used to promote the event.
Important Dates for 2017 Applications
February 3, 2017 – Last day to submit applications and applicable fees with no exceptions.
Artists are requesting that we extend the deadline for applications to the Stratford Studio Tour.
It has been a month of challenges for some including influenza, holiday recovery and hearing about the opportunity to apply just recently. Consequently, we are extending the deadline for one more week until February 3, 2017.
We are extremely grateful to all who have submitted and who have been so positive and supportive of this venture. Thank you for your enthusiasm and appreciation of our efforts to build opportunities for artists and the public to meet directly. The diversity of your mediums and creative talents will create a solid and exciting foundation for this annual event.
We hope that this extra week will alleviate some stress for others and provide you with the opportunity to join us. Keep spreading the word!
The Stratford Studio Tour Steering Committee
Completed application packaged must be be made electronically to: info@StratfordStudioTour.ca
*You will receive an email indicating that we received your package once it has been submitted.
Completed application, additional forms and applicable fees, with images placed on a Flash Drive or CD/DVC can be mailed to:
Stratford Studio Tour
590 Forman Avenue
February 15, 2017 – Notifications of Jury results. All those who have applied will receive notification of acceptance or not by email. If not, your participation fee will be refunded.